Senior Scientist “Functional Scaffolding”
We are currently looking for a senior scientist specialized in polymer chemistry and functionalization of biopolymers.We would like to welcome a passionate and curious scientist who knows how to handle biopolymers, how to form them and how to functionalize them for cell adhesion and growth.
Innocent Meat is currently working on it’s exciting and challenging mission to enable meat producers converting from conventional to cell-based-meat and accelerate a sustainable and delicious future for our planet.
- Development and Optimization of functionalization-protocols for cell adherence on different scaffolding systems.
- Support in testing these functional carriers regarding adherence and cell growth in bioreactor, shaken flasks and well-plates.
- Take project leading responsibilities by designing, planning and executing experiments and establishment of a supply chain for current and future experiments.
- Collaborate closely with in-house process development team and cell line development team to create optimal process results.
- Stay curious and up to date for current developments in the field of scaffolding.
We are looking for
- 2-3 years of working experience in the R&D work field in an international setting
Academic degree preferably polymer chemistry, biochemistry, organic chemistry or biotechnology, working experience highly welcome)
- Start-up mindset, able to work on a fast-paced environment and to cope with resistance to change
- problem solver, must be able to work well under pressure and be a fast learner who is adaptable/flexible
- Passionate about our mission, and excited about working in a commercial start-up environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills (minimum B2 level English). The German language is beneficial
What we bring to the table
We are a committed team working on an innovation that we believe will have a huge global impact. As part of this exciting project, we promise that you will get to
- Enjoy an enterprising work culture with lots of freedom in your projects.
- Combine science with a commercial goal.
- Enjoy 24 days of paid leave per year.
- Work in the beautiful, historical city of Rostock.
- Enjoy flexible working hours.
If you can see yourself in this position and have what it takes to change the food industry, please send us you complete cover letter and CV via mail. Please send also salary expectations and your earliest start date
You should not apply if you are a contractor and not looking for a long-term engagement or if you want to work remotely, only.